Saturday, November 28, 2009

Should I continue to let her "fix" my hair?

My best friend is also my sister in law and she is a hair stylist. My sister in law has been doing my hair for awhile now and I have not been very happy with the cut and color but most recently very, very disappointed in my color. My husband hates it that I come home upset everytime I get my hair done. My dilema is that I don't want to hurt her feelings, although my feeling are being pushed to the side. Should I continue to let her "fix" my hair or should I go elsewhere? Also, she is always late, if my appointment is at 11:00 I am lucky if she works on me by 12:00. If I stop seeing her what do I say to her if anything at all.



Should I continue to let her "fix" my hair?

Before you change hairdressers, sit down with her and talk to her and tell her how you feel. Dont sound upset, just let her know you arent getting what you want and ask her if she is willing to work in this with you. Tell her your unhappy with the color and cut and you need her to listen to you and give you what you want. If she still cant do it then it means shes not that good at what she does and you have to decide whats more important, your happiness about your hair or the friendship. Hopefully if shes as good a friend to you as you are to her, she will understand that you need to change hairdressers. When you talk to her tell her your friendship means a lot to you but you also want your hair the way you want it.



Should I continue to let her "fix" my hair?

Well just tell her that u found a new place to get ur hair done and u just wanted to try it out and see if it was a good place to go.Or somethin like that.



Should I continue to let her "fix" my hair?

If you are not happy with a service provided to you regardless if it be a relative then you have the right to not accept their services again. If she is a professional stylist then she will be professional enough to listen to your concerns.



If you don't tell her she will never know.



Should I continue to let her "fix" my hair?

You should go elsewhere. You shouldn't worry about her feelings since she is an adult. If you haven't made it clear to her how you wanted your hair, it could be she styled it how she wanted (obviously not your taste). Just go get your hair done, then let her know that you wanted to try something different. Something like "Oh, I had to get my hair done for a party and you weren't available so I went to __ and they did such beautiful work with it. I'm going to miss chatting with you while you do my hair." She might be hurt, but she should get over it quickly if you phrase it right and let her know yourself (not from someone else). Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
avast