Saturday, November 28, 2009

I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

Earlier this week I got my hair cut for a pretty decent price, and the job was well-done. However, when it came time for me to pay, an additional charge (twenty dollars) was added for shampoo and a blow-dry. Other salons I have been to have included this in the haircut price. What bothers me most is that the person cutting my hair made no mention that it would cost more. In fact, they mentioned that shampooing the hair would allow them to do a better job. My hair is straight and fine so the blow-dry was completely unnecessary.



Now, I am kind of shy when it comes to things, but I did stick up for myself and try to fight what had happened. I mentioned that there was no mention of additional cost and that the stylist was not clear enough. Unfortunately, it got me nowhere and I was stuck paying the extra money for something I did not even want.



I am frustrated by this. Is it worth calling and complaining? Is there any chance at all of getting a refund, or was I just stupid for assuming?



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

If it's a national chain, call the shop, ask to talk to the manager. Tell them your complaint and let them know it would be in their best interest to post all costs and alert their customers of the additional charge.



If you don't get anywhere with that (the manager is the one who did it). Call regional manager and send an email with your outrage. If you get no response or less than desired response, email Corporate and let them know what you have done and how this issue got this far.



If still no resolution, contact the Better Business Burearu in your area and lodge a complaint against this company and give the reason of hidden costs...nickel and diming ya.



Usually you can do this online.



If the shop was local, take it to the owner...if no resolution, choose a different shop and then let all your friends and family know about your issues there and to beware or avoid the shop all together. Word of mouth is a killer.



Regardless of your shy nature, in the future if you feel cheated or surprised by last second charges, complain. Make sure you talk to the manager and do not argue with the people you deal with.



Do not leave until you get resolution or a number to talk to someone who can give you resolution. If resolution is not possible, do not do business with that company again if it can be avoided.



Good Luck!



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

Complain most vehmently and don't go back if they don't do something about it.



I really detest the way a lot of people do business.



IT IS NOT TOO LATE and it makes NO difference that you "didn't do there" if you're talking to the owner of the establishment. Don't listen to the people saying otherwise. Call her today, give them one chance and then move on.



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

find a different shop



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

you should have done more complaining after she done your hair.. deal with it.



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

I would have made a fuss right then and there. I would have asked to speak to the manager, as well.



Now it's a bit late to do anything. You could call them up if it makes you feel better, but you probably wont get anything back. Talk to the manager about how you were treated. Maybe even an apology might make you feel better.



I hate getting ripped-off too.



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

I had this happen before, years ago. You can try complaining to the salon, but it's likely that if they're not being forthright about their pricing, they're not going to give you a refund. You're not being stupid. I felt ripped of too. If there isn't any clear indication (signs, etc), and it wasn't mentioned to you, maybe report them to the Better Business Bureau.



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

Just treat it as a lesson learned. Next time, before they shampoo your hair, just tell them you just shampooed your hair before you left your house and you dont need to blowdry/style it. Just ask for a haircut next time.



And, find another hair salon.



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

change salons, its happened to me,. thats it



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

You are not stupid but it's very important to make sure you understand the charges for a service...before...you get started.



Make sure everything is explained and you understand before you allow anyone to do work for you. That includes haircuts, gardening...whatever....don't be afraid to keep asking until you understand .



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

when i go to the hairdresser's, i know that a blow wave will cost me an extra $20, so i ask them to just dry my hair off, as they won't want you walking out of the salon with wet hair! with a blow wave, the stylist's creativity is being utilised, hence the charge. it's a service they are providing! this must be a good salon, as they charge separately for each service. a salon that does all for one price is a no frills place, check that these hairdressers really are qualified!



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

Definately follow it up! Call and talk to the manager. When quoted the price the hairdresser should have said, 'and if you want shampoo and blow dry it's $20 on top of that.'



I complained to a hair salon because when they went to wash out my colour the water was cold. The other hair dresser had used up ALL the hot water on her client. So it was winter, and they rinsed out my hair with freezing water. I spoke to the Manager and she gave me $25 off the price.



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

If the salon advertised %26gt; Haircut $20



it does Not indicate that shampoo and blow dry is included.



It's called 'Advertising'



Always clarify beforehand what it means.



You could try and talk to the manager or owner of the shop. And if you are good in debating and convincing, you can get an extra hair cut or shampoo or blow dry. But that would be totally up to his discretion.



Good luck :)



(~*..*~)



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

If it clearly lists the prices on something when you walk in, then maybe they have a point. If you didn't want them to wash and blow dry you should have probably said something. Salons usually do nothing for free ;)



However, if they pushed you into it, regardless, I would call the place and complain that the stylist was not completely clear on the charges.



Next time, though, I wouldn't leave the salon until it was settled. Usually when you do leave, and come back complaining they deny everything. Until they get thier money, they're gonna be involved, though. I would have just flat refused to pay the additional charge, and left cash for the rest of the cost.



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

when you look at a price it is upt to you as a consumer to determine what it includes. if it sounds to good to be true it usually is. But 20 bucks for shampoo? that as much as i pay for both haircxut and shampoo and blow dry is just prt of styling.



I felt cheated at the hair salon... what do I do now?

I've never heard of a shampoo and blow dry being included in the haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
avast