Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hair stylists/color experts, please help with color correction advice!?

A couple of weeks ago I had my fairly dark, color treated hair colored in a salon. A CHEAP salon (Magic Cuts...the color cost $26). She did NOT do a good job. The roots ended up significantly lighter than the ends. I understand that this is because the ends are more porous due to damage and they "take in" the dye better.



So, I waited two weeks or so and went back to have it fixed. I asked the stylist to fix the color. She matched a color to my ends. Then she put color only on the roots, combed it through after about 20 minutes, and left it on for another ten.



Okay. It's WORSE. The roots are now RED and about three or four shades darker than the rest of my hair. On top of that, she CHARGED me again! They screwed up my hair, then charged me to make it worse!



Can I go back tomorrow and show a manager and ask for my money back? What do I do to fix it? I really don't want my hair falling out from being fried by chemicals. How soon can I have it fixed in a REAL salon?



Hair stylists/color experts, please help with color correction advice!?

You must definitely take this up with the salon. If they won't oblige, report them to the Better Business Bureau. Salons are expected to correct their mistakes free of charge. They are not, however, expected to refund your money, though you can ask and maybe you'll get lucky.



To fix it, you can try shampooing with Prell, baby shampoo or non-bleach laundry detergent repeatedly. That will fade the color a tad, but may cause dryness. Another option is to use a quality color remover such as Colorfix, but I would do that only if the color refuses to wash out with the aforementioned techniques. Color removers can damage hair, though not as much as bleaching.



You can then color over your hair (which is what the salon will try to do), but I don't advise you to do it right away. Hair needs time to regroup between colorings. Deep-condition for a couple of weeks before trying it.



If you're going to rely on the same salon to fix your hair, insist that the manager herself do it. Managers are usually (but not always) more experienced and competent than the rest of the staff. I certainly would not entrust my head to the same stylist if I were you.



Hair stylists/color experts, please help with color correction advice!?

Please dont use prell, baby shampoo or non bleach laundry detergent ... unless you dont want hair. it appears that you had darker hair and went lighter ... there were some steps that needed to be followed prior to attempting to take color to colored hair. treatments, not more color right now Report It



Hair stylists/color experts, please help with color correction advice!?

I think you should not get it fixed yet. You need to wait a month or two. You have been over-processing your hair--and if you let anybody do anything else to it, you could end up bald. You still may have some breakage because of the back-to-back coloring so make sure you use a deep conditioner or reconstructor for color treated hair. I suggest you talk to the manager and ask her to refund your money or put you down for a free hair coloring in about two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
avast