Thursday, November 26, 2009

Salon Question?

I would like to get my hair cut with an "edgy" style and dyed a deep plum with magenta highlights. This salon I would like to go to (Sassoon Salon) has prices with different levels:



Stylist - Level 1



Stylist - Level 2



Top Stylist - Level 1



Top Stylist - Level 2



Senior Stylist - Level 1



Senior Stylist - Level 2



Asst Salon Director



Asst Creative Director



Salon Director



Creative Director



I have never gotten my hair cut/colored before at a salon and with the complexity of the style/color/highlights I want, I want the job done well. Please help me out by answering some questions I have!!



Here are my questions:



1) I know I will need a cut/color/highlights but do I need to get a blow dry?



2) For the cut which level stylist should I get (will a lower level stylist cut just as well as the higher levels or I should def get a higher level stylist to cut my hair)?



3) Same as above but with the hair coloring.



4) Same as #2 but with the highlights.



5) Same as #2 for the blow dry



Salon Question?

The menu you posted said that haircuts include a "finish", which means blowdry and style. Even if it didn't say that, Sassoon stylists are big on precision, and they do not consider a haircut complete until they've checked it dry.



Assuming that you're getting your colorwork and cut done on the same day, you'll leave with styled hair without paying for an extra service.



Unless you've received a recommendation about someone specific, I'd go with a lower level stylist. Often, they're less booked up, so it's easier to get an appointment and they'll spend more time with you.



Often, price increases are more of a reward for the stylists as the achieve seniority than a reflection of skill. Should you be less than thrilled with any detail of your new look, the salon manager can arrange to have it fixed free of charge.



Have fun!



Salon Question?

well lets see..



1) if you want your hair styled they would most likely blow dry your hair.



2) as for the cut, it would depend on your personal preference, but if it is a complex cut, and color i would suggest going with a higher ranked stylist.



3) see #2.. you may not need to go much higher than senior stylist level 2 for what you need done.



4) see #3



4) any stylist can do a blow dry if you choose to have that done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
avast