Thursday, June 17, 2010

What is a photographic memory?

I went to get a haircut. While the hair stylist was cutting my hair, she said, "I remember you from 2nd grade because you used to ride on the same bus as me to signal hill." I was in 2nd grade 17years ago. I remember all of my friends from 2nd grade and her name/appearance did not ring any bells. How did she remember me from so long ago? I did not associate myself with her.



What is a photographic memory?

Photographic memory is extremely rare. It's being able to recall every detail of every event and every word from every conservation you've ever had. Your brain stores all information ever taken in, but few have the ability to recall much of it. You can have systematic photographic memory. That is to also recall things of specific events, leaving out no detail. It's strange you've ask about that because I've had specific photographic recall about a woman I've known for eight years...I can recall everything she's ever said, where I was when I heard it, what time of day and what day it was. If it was a time when we were with each other I know what she was waring, where we were, what time she said it and the date, what the weather was like, you name it...She thinks it's the most amazing thing she's ever heard about.....What's more amazing it only applies to things specific to her.....I can't recall names of all my classmates in grammar school, old math problems, etc....Oh how I wish I could. I can remember some events in every detail that had to do with a traumatic event. Such as a friend of mine drownding over 25 years ago, but that's because I was the one who went in to try to save him....normal events I'm no better then the next person at remembering things. But for Sara....I just can't explain that......in times past she's entertained her friends with my memory of things about her. They're all amazed as well, but sometimes it makes me sound like a freak, because it only deals with her. Early on some of her friends told her I was a stalker because I knew some much about her that they didn't know. Once things like that appear in conservation it's no longer any fun....Of course that wasn't the case. We're not as close as we once were. The last time I heard from her was three tex messages she sent over two months ago..All three filled the 160 character limit on the screen and it's almost scary that I can remember every word and the time and date that appeared at the end of the message.



I've tried applying it to other items, but I just can't do it...it doesn't work.......I've been checked by memory experts and they all agree its photographic specific recall. For me its not a true photographic memory. And I might just be glad it isn't.



Strange story, but absolutely true.



Charlie C.



What is a photographic memory?

You see something and you remember it as if you were looking at a picture.



What is a photographic memory?

a memory that can recall the slightest detail of any scene or thing they have witnessed as though they are still looking at it.



What is a photographic memory?

exact reproduction of an happening in past to the minutest details of all those were present at that time. Her remembring you is cause you may not have changed much in your appearence and or have some thing that made her remeber you for that long whereas since she must havebeen elder to you and not having anything to do with you or your school group may a regular traveller on the same route and time has remembered you

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
avast