Thursday, June 17, 2010

How to tell a stylist that your not going to her anymore?

I have been going to the same hairdresser/stylist for the past 5 years. She is around the same age as me - 24. The past few times I have gone I feel like she is not "there" for me. She would not say much nor would she cut/style my hair the way that I requested. I just went to her again this past wednesday and asked her to cover up my blonde highlights with brown (my natural hair color) After she dyed my hair she told me that it "was semi-permant and I would have to come back" I feel that she did not do what I asked. Also I requested my hair be cut short in the back and long in the front (the "posh" look) She did not do this - infact she cut in one length and I looked like I was 12 yrs old. I went to another stylist last night and she did a GREAT job. She listened to what I wanted and my hair looks great!! I made an appt. with this new stylist but I know my previous will call me soon asking why I have not made an appt. How do I tell her that I do not want to go to her?



How to tell a stylist that your not going to her anymore?

Just tell her the truth. Tell her that she isn't listening to the requests you made lately so you won't be back.



How to tell a stylist that your not going to her anymore?

just explain the whole situation. tell her that the you a ppreciate the last 5 years, but it's time for you to go to a new stylist. good luck.



%26lt;3



How to tell a stylist that your not going to her anymore?

If that's how she's treating you then you don't even need to say anything. Leave. She probably knows what she's doing and woudn't be tpp suprised if you left. It's not like this is breaking up with your booyfriend.



How to tell a stylist that your not going to her anymore?

A few ideas:



Tell her the truth.



Tell her you're moving house, and her salon is too far to drive.



Tell her you're moving abroad.



Tell her you were fired and can't affoard salon hairstyles.



Tell her that you believe you're powers are in your hair, and you no longer want it cut. This one many no work.



Tell her you're growing it for an acting role.



Tell her you'll be away on the date of your next appointment, to buy yourself some time.



How to tell a stylist that your not going to her anymore?

If you specifically ask for a style or color and the person you have hired to do that for you chooses not to - don't be afraid to let them know that their services are no longer required. Good hairstylists cost good $$. If they are not performing the service you request why continue to put out money for the wrong style, color, or look.



How to tell a stylist that your not going to her anymore?

Just never go back. There, now wasn't that easy?



How to tell a stylist that your not going to her anymore?

It's entirely up to you whether you want to tell her at all. You could just start going to the other stylist, and not worry about it.



Or if you really feel the need to let your old stylist know, just be straight and to the point. She needs to know what she is doing wrong, so maybe this won't happen with her other customers. Tell her that you feel like she isn't listening to you and doing your hair the way you ask for it to be done. You are the one paying her...it is her responsibility to make sure she understands exactly what you want, and do it to the best of her ability. If she doesn't think she's quite sure what you want, then she needs to ask you and make sure you are both at a good understanding of how you want your hair done.



It's your money, so I can totally understand going somewhere else, to someone you feel is better meeting your needs.



How to tell a stylist that your not going to her anymore?

Alot of times this happens in the industry. Sometimes stylists listen to what you're requesting but don't feel that what your asking would be best for you (in their minds) so they do what they think would be best. Agreed that it is the stylists job to do what YOU ask them do seeing as how it is your hair and money....but I've personally noticed that alot of the time (not saying it happened with you) the client doesn't communicate what they want properly. Did you show her a picture? Regardless of anything, it is your prerogative to switch to a different stylist. If the stylists work at the same salon, to ease some of the potential friction, I would schedule my appointments on her days off.



How to tell a stylist that your not going to her anymore?

Just never go back there . and never pick up the phone when she calls. Or tell her you will be out of town for a while. simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
avast